View Single Post
Old 3rd November 2019, 18:03   #14
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd Job View Post

Stealing on the other hand, shouldn't that be a clear enough crime?
You would think so, there was a program on recently, one of those Police chasing scrote's around the countryside.

They caught the guy and his accomplice after they had been given the run around for an hour. In the stolen car were some stolen goods from a supermarket still with labels on and at the end of the program apparently they were released for ''insufficient evidence''!!!!!!. Is it me? What do the Police need these days? A written confession? As most of these scrota's cant probably write that is never going to happen.

As has been said earlier they will prosecute the minor offender for minor speeding offences or parking a couple of inches over a yellow line but the real criminals are let loose to reap havoc on our hard earned property.

A customer of mine had his outboard motor stolen from his boat, they used a chainsaw to remove it and as a consequence the boat is probably a write off, they caught the thief trying to sell the motor on Ebay including the bit of the boat it was still attached too and it has been returned, the thief has received a caution. My customer will get no compensation as the outboard has been returned. He will have to claim on his insurance and we know what will happen to that at the next renewal. The Police told him to take out a private claim on the thief.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote