View Single Post
Old 25th July 2021, 15:07   #25
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorchester2 View Post
"IMPORTANT NOTE - Due to Brexit, all EU orders must be accompanied by your Tax Identification Number for Customs clearance."
From 1 July 2021 any item sold by anyone into the EU is subject to VAT. I see that eBay is advising anyone, whether they're a UK VAT registered business or a unregistered private individual, that eBay will add VAT to the eBay price and collect this from the buyer on the EU's behalf.

Confirmation of the VAT collected must be done electronically using an eBay printed delivery label containing a QR code, or a similar QR coded, printed label from Royal Mail. In eBay's case, that label costs the seller 70p. The item must also be sent to eBay's own Distribution Centre and not directly to the buyer. Alternatively, to use Royal Mail's Click and Drop label printing service, the seller must be registered as a BT business customer. I understand a similar arrangement between eBay and Australia has been in operation for some time already. This is to ensure Import Duty is collected before delivery.

The other way this will work is through the standard customs declaration label (CN22). So, if you as a private individual have something you want to sell on eBay and include the EU in your delivery area, VAT will be charged before an EU buyer can receive the item. It's your responsibility to certify this electronically. The only way to do that is as described above. So basically, eBay will morph into a selling system for commercial operators only and the likes of you, me and Joe Bloggs will be out of it.

TC

Last edited by T-Cut; 25th July 2021 at 15:24..
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote