View Single Post
Old 13th April 2022, 15:36   #49
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Butler View Post
The first casualty of any war is truth, I'm x forces and we punch well above our weight, Should we fear Russia, no, their military are over hyped, corruption is rife and their equipment is not as well maintained as it should be, 90 % of their budget gets stolen,
As regards those murdering scum, who delight in killing unarmed people, lets see how well they come out against well trained disciplined troops, killing un armed people is easy, its not so easy when your the target of an army bent on revenge against you,

I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment about truth being a casualty in wars, Martin. It would be useful to have your views on something that hasn't really been the subject of comment anywhere. In the early days of the invasion we saw assault rifles being handed out by the Ukranian military to civilians and civilians making molotov cocktails to use against the Russians. I have to confess to having misgivings at the time, wondering whether the acts could make civilians in possession of such things legitimate targets. What's your view as ex-military?