View Single Post
Old 13th March 2024, 19:08   #676
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Well, the bathroom makeover is nearly finished and I love it. I now have a flush fitting shower tray, no stepping up to get in. Grab rails to steady me instead of stealing myself by leaning on the wall. The workmanship is fantastic. Tom the plumber is very thoughtful by not leaving tools or rubbish in the way if for any reason I need to get upstairs.

When he packs up for the day the bathroom is clean and tidy. I’ve let him use the spare bedroom as a storage area. It’s full of tools and bags of rubbish. He has already said that once he clears up I will never know he has been here. I now have a new floor covering, looks like dark grey slate. New marble effect wall panels in light grey.

So whilst Tom is working upstairs I’m downstairs building my 203rd Pocher Lamborghini. I have been keeping Tom supplied with coffee and biscuits. So this lunch time, he normally sits in his van to eat his sandwiches. But he wanted to ask me a few questions so I said if you want to sit in here and eat your sandwiches and have a cuppa you are more than welcome.

So Tom had his lunch in my kitchen. So I said, “go on then what do you want to know then?”
Tom said, “ I don’t wish to pry but I see that you are wearing a wedding ring but you live on your own. Why?”. So I told him a shortened version of how I come to lose my Val. Afterwards he looked as if he was going to cry. Maybe it’s how I described it.

And the next question was, “I’ve been here for 3 days and not once you have used the loo. Do you have a secret?”.
I replied, “I have a bucket in the other room so I can wee into that to save disturbing you. After you have gone I can empty the contents down the loo”.
“But what if you want to do a poop? Surely you don’t do that in the bucket”. Tom asked.
“No not in the bucket. By the time you get here in the morning I have already had at least one. I might have had to get up in the night to go or maybe in the evening.” I answered.
Ah! That answers my questions Bob.

And with that he went back to work whilst I washed the cups and plates up. Dried them and tidied up.
He has worked hard and the bathroom is looking the business. Should be finished tomorrow. Then on Saturday I can have a shower, my first since 14/12/2023. Looking forward to that.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote