View Single Post
Old 11th August 2020, 12:31   #1
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts
Default Two telephone scam calls in one morning!

I am clearly popular.

Took a call from a chap obviously working from a script as he could not cope with questions !!! - but easy to wind him up.....

His “brief” was to tell us that the loft insulation we have could make Covid-19 infection worse.

“Really? - tell me more....”

So he did but got easily flummoxed with simple sensible questions. In the end I could not stop laughing and he got angry enough to put the phone down.

Then - 20 min later, an automated voice rang to say that it was a call from VISA to inform me that £600 had been paid out of my account to a foreign country and that I must “press 1 to be connected to a member of the security team”. I just hung on until they disconnected. Waste as much of their time as possible.

I’ve heard of this one before but did check my balances. No issue at all.

A neighbour last week took a call from a lady who said she was from the “Governments COVID-19 check and trace scheme and that they had come up on the system and so needed to purchase a COVID-19 test kit.

I am sure most of us can easily see right through this nonsense - but some are more vulnerable and could be taken in.

I suggest we check on and warn anyone we know like this to stop these bar stewards in their tracks.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote