View Single Post
Old 18th January 2021, 15:40   #535
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool The power of my local community.............

................................. amazes me.

On Saturday when the post came delivered by a new postman. I just grabbed it from the floor and left it on the side whilst I answered the phone. Then on checking the post there was letter that had my address but wrong name and Post Code. So I went onto the Saltash Community page on Facebook and asked if anyone knew the person whose name was on the letter, lots of answers about who the person was but no address of where they lived.

Scroll forward to this morning when my regular postman knocked on my door with a package for me, from DMGRS. He then asked if I still had the wrongly delivered letter, I still had. And I passed onto him and he told me where the person it was addressed to lived. But he said he would deliver it as it was his round. Amazing.

The builder dropped the invoice in for the work carried out. I said I can pay you now by either card or cheque. “No rush”, he said. “End of the month will do”. No I said I’ll pay you now. “Wow! Never had anyone pay me straight away”. So I wrote him out a cheque for the full amount. I’m well happy with the price for the work carried out. Whilst we chatted a chap walking past called out and said, “the house looks amazing with the new guttering, who did it?” I pointed to Steve and said “this is the man”. And he replied, “any chance you could come round and give me an estimate on my house please”.

So Steve took his details and said he would pop round this afternoon. Since then I have had three neighbours remark how much better the house looks. Happy with that.

No news from either London or Roger, who is still stuck in New York.

Many thanks for reading.

Keep safe.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote