View Single Post
Old 4th February 2021, 13:41   #536
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool .............................and I never felt a thing.

Had my vaccination jab today. Got a text from the quacks yesterday, 2 choices of venues to have the jab, either at China Fleet here in Saltash or at the health centre at Pensilva. I was not bothered which one I attended. So I ended up going to Pensilva. The staff and volunteers were very helpful. The lady at the door asked me some questions including had I been abroad in the last 7 days, I replied I had been over to England once. That made her laugh.

I never felt the needle go in. Had to sit in the lounge for 15 minutes before being allowed out. I was beside a radiator and nearly nodded off. Got to wait for another appointment for the follow up jab.
The jab has made me feel better in myself, I must admit I was getting very apprehensive about the future of mankind but who knows what will happen now.
No good news from London concerning Elizabeth, I’m now in touch with a cousin of hers, who lives in South London. As far as I’m aware Elizabeth is struggling to breathe, even on a ventilator. So fingers crossed for her.

Roger is still stuck in New York, and is currently in quarantine in a hotel along with 60 others. Not allowed to mix, only one hour a day for outside exercise under guard. Whilst he is out of the room it is cleaned and sanitised. Meals are ordered via the phone and brought to the rooms by staff. He can send out to get his laundry cleaned. Very stringent measures in place. The authorities want to send him back to Brazil once it is safe to do so, so he is fighting to be sent back to Barbados. All very worrying for him and family. I keep in contact to boost his morale as much as I can.

Why is it that the smoke alarm battery needs to be changed in the early hours of the morning. I’m in bed when something woke me, “ping” I heard. So out of bed and tracked the “pinging” down to the smoke alarm downstairs. Never had a new battery so I just disconnected it. Oh! Well! As it’s 2am and I’m awake I might as well put the kettle on for a cuppa. Sat in the chair and waited for the kettle to boil and immediately nodded off. Finally made the tea just after 7am.

Banana keeps me on my toes whenever she throws a hissy fit. 6 days out of 7 she will behave then she decides she ain’t going to start. That has me cursing in various different languages. Then I calm down and threaten to tell my Val. That seems to do the trick as she will start the next day.
I have been in contact with both MarinaBrian and Matt Darke. Brian has sent me some photos to what to look for, but it’s all double Dutch to me. So waiting on the lockdown to be lifted so that Matt can come down and get her sorted out.

The Bear is my daily, not that I go out everyday. Might go into town to the Post Office to send club stuff off, so far sent 41 calendars off since January 3rd. Essential shopping is split between the pair of them.
My neighbours across the road never bothered to take out any insurance on their puppy, just put £25 away each week to cover any emergencies. Well, so far Chester has cost them £450 for a examination on his stomach following a x-Ray. Then another £70 for medication.
Then just over 12 days ago they rushed him into the emergency vets in Plymouth where he had to have an operation to save his life.

Seems Chester had eaten two disposable face masks and they had become entwined around his bowels. So another £2,500 and he was allowed home.
Think I’ll stick to owning a K series.

Had my first venture into a Zoom meeting with the other Mods last night. I followed all the instructions and successfully got through. It was nice seeing everyone, other than Reebs I’ve not seen the others for nearly two years. I met Reebs last December at Sparkford where I collected the calendars off of him.
Another Zoom meeting in a few weeks.

Well that’s the monthly round up done and dusted. I hope you are all keeping well and safe. We will get through this, I know we will.

So until we meet again, keep safe my friends.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote