View Single Post
Old 10th January 2019, 17:32   #24
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Do you remember the “inconvenient truth” of the research a decade or so ago that indicated that the Jeep Wrangler * was far greener overall than so called environmentally friendly vehicles when you analyse their “dust to dust” impact on the environment.

* (- it was US research.)

The simple, rugged construction of the Jeep Wrangler with it ability to be easily repaired and serviced contrasted very favourably to the likes of the Toyota Prius------.

Which is/was pretty much my point.

I'll wager it's pretty easy to "select" a bit of the "lifetime" of a product and claim it's the holy grail of whatever.

I suspect true cradle to grave would show many claims to be erm... marginal or simply untrue.

And, of course, IMHO it depends upon who is funding the research/findings/paper as to how it's conclusions are presented. It's fascinating just how many "experts" are out there on any topic you care to mention

I'm seeing a lot of several years interest free credit to tempt me to buy a new car but I'm not seeing much in the way of several years parts & labour warranty .

I love the idea of taking the product/all the packaging back. Brilliant.

Loving the thoughts & discussion.

Thanks

Andy.

Last edited by AndyN01; 10th January 2019 at 17:35..
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote