View Single Post
Old 9th June 2018, 18:59   #1
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

Default Off to get sorted...

I recently acquired a fixer upper, a facelift 2004 Conn SE CDTi in Royal Blue with a clutch problem, no MOT and a few bodywork issues for just over £450. However it has only done 51K miles so I thought it would be worth spending some money on getting it fixed and back on the road.

So after getting some quotes locally for a Clutch and Slave change around the £450-550 mark I worked out by spending some money getting it transported thru to Lates and Pete in Rugby and supplying the parts myself I could at least have the knowledge that it would be done correctly, by mechanics who know what they are doing and don't cut corners for a around the same cost. So a AP clutch, LUK slave and a Rover 75 Left handed master from Matt should cover all eventualities.They will also see what work, if any, needs done to get it thru it's MOT'd.

Whilst I'm at it I can recommend a chap called Matt who transported the car from Peterborough to Rugby for a very good price. If anyone in the Peterborough, Northampton, Kettering area needs a car transported - he's your man.

A few pics of the car and on the back of the low loader on its journey.

Last edited by STUBIE; 29th June 2018 at 19:06..
STUBIE is offline   Reply With Quote