View Single Post
Old 15th May 2016, 16:43   #9
mryesno

Rover 75 CDT 2002

OK. So today I tested all 4 abs sensors using the above method. Three of the wheels gave readings that oscillated between 0.7 and 1.7 volts as I rotated the relevent wheel - normal. Remember, the garage replaced the NEARSIDE rear sensor. But I found that the OFFSIDE rear sensor was giving me a higher-than-normal voltage - it oscillated between 1.2 and 2.4 volts.

This would seem to be consistent with the symptoms I've been having: the sensor is feeding the abs unit a voltage that oscilates between bit below 1.7v and a bit higher than 1.7v, confusing it into thinking that the offside rear wheel has locked up.

So I'm thinking that the garage must have just replaced the wrong sensor and bearing.

The question is whether they'll refund the £200 I paid. Perhaps they'll tell me that the nearside sensor and bearing were faulty as well. But the symptoms only appeared a couple of days before I took it to the garage and their repairs had no effect on the symptoms. So that would seem to much of a coincidence to be plausable.

Anyway, thanks again for all your advice, people!
mryesno is offline   Reply With Quote