View Single Post
Old 11th March 2021, 20:40   #56
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

just been reading this post. you say that the gearbox has harsh changes bumping when selecting gear and then whilst driving shifting gears . i dont know if i am correct in saying that the cambelts were changed before this started ? the reason i mention this is because i had a similar problem after i changed my cambelts. in my case it was just a plug in the engine bay which i had connected wrongly. when the belts are changed the inlet manifold ( upper black plastic one together with the throttle body ) has to be removed and the plugs disconnected underneath. there are 2 plugs that are exactly the same . one is for traction control that might be used or not depending if you have traction control.even if not you will probably have the plug in there. the other plug is the t.p.s sensor plug. ( throttle position sensor ) they are exactly the same and can be mistaken for each other. they will both fit in the plug holder on the throttle body and it is an easy mistake. you will find this plug if you search at the side of the throttle body follow the loom cable down and you will find the other disconnected laying underneath. it took me 2 days to realise what i had done before i found out. try this and see if it works if not then just plug the other one back in. try it . xsport. ....
xsport is online now   Reply With Quote