View Single Post
Old 21st September 2021, 19:15   #7
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Well, here we go again! On my test drive, I noticed that the clutch had a low biting point, so mentioned it to the salesman. He told me that "they all do that" and that "anything that needs doing will be sorted on the service"! He rang today to say that the car had just had an MOT test and needed a wiper blade and the handbrake adjusting. I asked about the biting point on the clutch and he said "The mechanic says that it is OK and a lot of Kias are like that!"

In my opinion, it needs a new clutch kit (probably just the cover but if the box has to come off???). I doubt that they will do it for me.

The car is otherwise pristine inside and out and looks like it has been garaged all its life. I'm tempted to get my deposit back and walk away but I really don't want to lose it (48k miles only). I could probably drive it as it is for years (once I get used to the low bite) and a clutch wouldn't break the bank. I'm just peeved that I'm paying top dollar, to a dealer and it's not 100%. It's not going to be ready until next week either but that will save me a month's tax!

Just my luck!