Old 31st January 2020, 16:51   #10723
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich in Vancouver View Post
My ZT has been taunting me.

For the past few weeks I have been getting a bulb failure warning. Not for the burned out fog light which has been reliably burned out for a month, but every week or so the warning would come on the dash telling me that the sidelight was burned out...Then a day or so later the bulb would come back on and the warning would go away.

Last week the warning was on all week. No messing around, I decided to change both the fog light bulb and the sidelight bulb on Sunday. Sure enough, on Saturday the bulb came back on and the warning went off.

I changed the fog light bulb and joked to my wife that the warning would come back on Monday morning when I went to drive the car to work.

Sure enough it did.

I went down to the garage and changed the rotten thing in 10 minutes before dinner. Luckily I have a flex hose on the intake replacing the rotten old Shannon tube so I was able to move the filter box aside just enough to get my hand in to get at the bulb. Job done.

I wonder if it the warning light will be on tomorrow morning.-Evil car.

I sure love it!
Bumper off, headlight units out and check the wiring that runs over the chassis legs, particularly the section that is below the headlights.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote