Old 22nd June 2019, 15:51   #8
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post
Thanks chaps.

What's the betting I forget to line up the drain holes!

I can't find marinabrian's method - anyone got a link?

Actually, looking at this pic, maybe it's the isolators themselves that cause the springs to snap - i.e. they're too hard and are forcing the bottom coil to try and uncoil itself against the rest of the spring, causing a stress fracture. When mine snapped (both of them) the break was exactly where the spring starts to wrap round the isolator.

Here's the isolator on its own - https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-RKB100970
Hopefully this is what you’re looking for,

Marinabrian
Baculum Magicum

A few too many

Thanked 8,323 Times in 4,566 Posts
You don't need to remove the ARB to replace the rear springs

Simply slacken slightly the subframe bolts opposite side to the spring you're changing, and remove the ones on the side you're changing the spring on, along with the bottom damper mount.

Once you done that, refit the subframe bolts to that side and remove the opposite side.

Once the new springs are fitted, torque up the subframe bolts to the specified torque and job done

Beats frabbing about with drop links and rusted fasteners any day of the week.....20 minutes to do both rear springs

Brian
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote