View Single Post
Old 11th October 2021, 22:01   #4
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
It's shiny aluminium Maninder Certainly not coming off again, I'm just starting to stiffen up, not used to crawling around under cars any more
Relaxing with a cold beer watching the IPL
A man after my own heart.---

Been messing about today with the front suspension lower arm. I fitted the right hand side early last year working over a pit. Not too bad.

In the last couple of weeks the odd surge taking up the drive from stand still had returned.--I spent most of today lying on my side trying to fit the left hand side. Almost finished but not quite.

The pinch bolt at the bottom was a pig to remove. Had to resort to heat and WD 40.

The nut on the large center ball joint almost came off but totally jammed on the last couple of threads as though it was welded on.--Out came the disc cutter to cut through the ball joint shank.--

All else OK. Tomorrow various bits to tighten up and the last fiddly bit of lining up the rubber bush housing with the threaded holes in the chassis.

All in all not a lot of fun when you are VERY old.

Couldn't take any more today and just had to have that cup of tea or expire.---

Body probably locked solid tomorrow and arthritic fingers burning like hell.---( I do hate being OLD. )
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote