Thread: self levellers
View Single Post
Old 14th October 2021, 15:49   #3
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro44 View Post
Just failed the mot due to several things but the real puzzle i would like help with is the rear self levelling sensor. The tester states its missing and technically he is right. Sensor is screwed to the sub frame but its not connected to anything due to the double ended pivot arm being absent, however there is no bracket on any part of the suspension for it to connect to. In addition i would say its not been connected for years, its rusted/ corroded into a blob of plastic/metal, so can the levelling sensor at the front do the job on its own??? Opinions on how to proceed appreciated.
I think I'm correct in stating that originally there was only a front level sensor (hope someone else can confirm this fact), the rear unit was added to later models, sorry don't have any cut-in dates; the sensor part numbers (which are E39 'ish BMW items) are different for front and rear.
If you want to try and 'cheat', remove the rear mechanism bits that still remain, tape up the sensor electical link out of sight and go somewhere else for your MOT (ensuring the front sensor does still operate properly).
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote