View Single Post
Old 15th October 2021, 09:12   #4
Andy_with_a_screwdriver
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Sorry to see no answers, so I'm going to suggest you become the first in your area and get yourself a copy of Toaf: https://toaf.roverki.eu/index.php/en/ and a Toaf compatible cable: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174768878...1&isGTR=1#shId

You will then with any Windows machine be able to diagnose your own SRS & ABS faults and judging by the lack of answers be a most popular local resource.

Otherwise try Rodger's as they used to service Rovers, one at Crownhill, used to be one in Union Street and one out Plymstock way, they might still have a T4 somewhere.

Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Exeter Road Garage at Newton Abbott is a club member, MGR South Devon.

I compiled the T4 map and nobody has made me aware of any others in your neck of the woods.

TOAF may be your answer in the future, seems to be a good system once you know what you are doing with it but for the novice there are banana skins that'll cause problems if you click the wrong thing.
Thanks for the answers. Rodgers of Plymouth are still around now KIA at Brixton (South Devon not London), Hyundai at Crownhill and Hyundai & MG Rover(new stuff) at other Crownhill/Whitleigh site. I've emailed to find out if they still do diagnostics, not holding too much hope to be honest.

I'm more than likely to try and get to Exeter Road next week. Assuming there is an ABS sensor fault they can remove the old one, I've tried before and it was a pain to get out.

I am intrigued by using the TOAF and having read through the TOAF site info is a a bit thin on the ground. Have you used it? I assume some sort of instructions come with it? Steve has raised alarm bells, I've visions of me turning the whole car off! I'll look through this forum bound to be some stuff on here.
Andy_with_a_screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote