Thread: Mil & t4
View Single Post
Old 14th November 2019, 08:29   #4
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks guys, the T4 belongs to a local garage. I’ve known about the machine for some years and even offered to buy it from the previous workshop owner but his indecision and the release of TOAF meant that I lost interest.

If indeed as Simon says it merely lists the connectors in that circuit then it’s not that more than I can do with TOAF and the electrical library - if I could understand the modern circuit diagrams. No problems in the SD1 days but the layout seems to have changed and mystifies.

I’ve read the following by BigRuss: You can check the ECM outputs for the coils C0913 Pin 26 ignition coil (2) earth 0-12V, and Pin 52 ignition coil (1) earth 0-12V (digital meter)
On ECM connector C0371 pin 1 ignition coil has a PWM signal, Pin 15 is the earth for the Engine coolant temperature.
A short circuit or line break for the coils will light the MIL.

Presumably and with my el.library out in the garage, C0913 refers to the ECM connector, but does the bracketed (2) refer to two leads ? Should I expect 12v earth on these pins with the ignition on ?

Would also be helpful to know whether we can expect the MIL light to go out when the problem is sorted, or does it require several start cycles?

Doesn’t help that the owner is two hours away and I’ve not even seen the car, just trying to help him as best I can.

Mike
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote