View Single Post
Old 25th March 2022, 10:12   #3
Oldmowgli

2002 Rover 75 Tourer KV6, Moonstone Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Hello Martin,

As your idle speed is correct I can't see this being anything other than the normal "creeping" condition for which a brake application is necessary.

If you feel that your handbrake requires excessive travel, adjustment is recommended.

Simon
Hi Simon,
It is not an issue with lack of brakes. I have adjusted handbrake twice now (new discs and pads were fitted all round a few weeks ago), but I have just rechecked the handbrake this afternoon and re-set once again per book instructions to be certain. No issues there.

I can also tell you that what I am experiencing is definitely not "normal" creeping. Car is pulling off strongly as soon as brakes are released (foot and / or handbrake) it feels rather like the gearbox would with an engine revving at 1000 to 1200 rpm, but engine is ticking over normally.

I have also just re-checked that the ATF fluid I used is 402N compatible and it is.

I'm presently reading various threads on reverse piston replacement and solenoid replacements. and wondering if those and the reverse clutch could be damaged / worn as Beinet1 experienced.

But I don't have much Auto Box experience so would anyone with specific Auto Transmission knowledge have ideas ?

Oldmowgli is offline   Reply With Quote