View Single Post
Old 21st February 2021, 08:33   #10
ashy90
Avid contributor

MG ZT 160 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post

Hi Ash,

From your description I would suspect that Mr. Previous Owner has put K-seal in your engine but can I ask first whether you followed the MGR procedure exactly when refilling and bleeding (notably raising the expansion tank and not running the engine with the bleed screw removed)?

When you renew the cambelts make sure that you replace the tensioner and idler pulleys as well. The noise you've heard could well be a sign of bearing wear but you'll find out when you inspect them and spin them by hand.

Also, beware of changing the water pump if there is no sign of leakage. More than one owner has found the replacements to fail after a short period of time. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Simon

Yep followed procedure. With engine running (after new rad and bleeding system) etc) it seemed fine. I had it running several times and kept it running for an hour or so after it had got to temp. Fans would kick in at the right temperature according to OBD and bring the temp down.
The only slight oddity was the gauge sat a fraction over half - literally a tiny bit.
ashy90 is offline   Reply With Quote