View Single Post
Old 4th March 2021, 17:02   #55
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickoshea View Post

If you think EV cars are expensive, check out the cost of Hydrogen cars and the cost of the fuel.
Yes but the difference is most ICE vehicles could be adapted to run on hydrogen relatively easily and the only reason hydrogen is expensive is because of the amount produced, if ICE cars were converted on the production line to run on Hydrogen and the stuff was produced in the same volumes as petrol and diesel it would cost no more and is carbon neutral if the electricity used to make is from wind farms and the like. We would then get the best of both worlds, clean cars, no extended recharging and the existing infrastructure that distributes petrol could be used with some adaptation.

Part of me worries if getting everybody on the electric bandwagon will be similar to the diesel thing a few years ago. The government wins as they get all the taxes on the new vehicles and the manufacturers win because they sell lots of new cars, the only looser will be us.

I for one will be holding on for as long as possible to my fossil powered vehicle, hopefully by the time I have to replace them all the teething troubles will be sorted and the cost of the electric vehicles will be a lot cheaper.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote