View Single Post
Old 7th March 2021, 10:10   #60
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

we shall see how popular the ev cars will be by 2025.
In a place line the uk or europe where there is a village every 50km
where people dont travel 400km between towns seeing nothing in between
uptake might be ok , pending some sort of massive price reduction in ev cars purchase price as currently are way beyond most punters.
As mentioned, vast areas of the world with large remote areas are waiting to see how this “green new deal” is physically going to enhance their lives where an ev car would last only as long as one battery charge as there would be no infastructure in place to recharge them, let alone waiting around for 20 minutes each time your “power” runs out.
As said, i really cant see the mining industry having heavy industrial machinery
which incidently will be digging up all the minerals these clean ev cars need to have to be built running as a electric vehicle, it will be diesel engines doing that for some time to come.
The ev will be for inner city metro dweller for some time to come.
As for recycling the car again and again, lets get real, have a look the figures of cars produced as to the amount that have been recycled.
Lets apply this to all the products that are recyclable , lets face it,humans are not good at recycling,we recycle a fraction of what we produce.
Why,? industry needs consumption to survive so has little REAL interest in it.
So, given these facts, i love to hear the optimistic views of some but you really do need to look at things in a realistic view.
Even people i know in the oil and gas industry say reports of the imminent death of fossil fuels is alot of political posturing.
Yes things will change but not for while yet!!!
Technology at this time does not have the answers it purports to have!!

Last edited by genpk; 7th March 2021 at 10:15..
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote