View Single Post
Old 20th August 2021, 17:43   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
This is the first DD unit offered by the Radioguy seller, which uses a memory sim for music and a second one for the Nav software - Igo and several years out of date.

It could be me, but perhaps not - the nav system seems to be taking an awful long time sometimes, before it is fully booted and ready to use. Sometimes quicker than others, but I don't remember it being this slow. I am wondering if a new, faster memory card might improve things?
I dont know a lot about these, but imagine them to be similar to a lot of these types of things (tablets, phones and computers etc). They, through use, become cluttered with data as you use them.

When my phone becomes slow, I will go to its settings, and delete the cache and stop background apps from running. Quite often this will speed things up, although I will have to start again with passwords, and some other settings - it may also clear updates of certain things, possibly any map updates.

If that doesnt work, I will reset the phone/tablet to factory and start from scratch again.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote