View Single Post
Old 12th November 2020, 07:00   #12123
Alf Best
Avid contributor

MG-ZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hst125 View Post
It’s shocking that this type of damage is so frequent now and we’re all just supposed to put up with it. Never used to be this bad although I remember when luxury cars had 13” wheels...
If there are any app developers out there how about this: make an app that can detect the shock of a pothole (should be easy) and GPS tag it for claim purposes? I’m no good with apps but I’d use one that did that.
I live in West Berks but I always know when I’m in Oxfordshire on my commute, as my fillings begin to quiver. There’s even a new slip road on the A34 with a massive yump just as you get up to speed. In fact thinking about it, that app would use a lot of memory with all the holes I dodge every day, the Botley Road is like a war zone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish it were that easy, the sunken drain cover I drove over which caused the damage to my wheel, after waling back to take a look had been marked with paint by whoever responsible for highway maintenance in the local authority.

When I complained to the council, I was met with every type of balking technique in the book in avoidance of liability.

All in all, at the end of the day it cost me a Michelin Pilot sport tyre and a dented wheel, but the cost could have been much worse, such as if a cyclist or motorcyclist had ridden over the defect.

The council repaired the cover the following day, if that wasn't any sort of admission of liability I do not know what is.

Although annoying, it could have been much worse.
Alf Best is offline   Reply With Quote