View Single Post
Old 8th January 2021, 13:48   #40
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
The only bit I do not go with is the description of them as terrorists, please do not suggest or insinuate I am ignoring anything else.

macafee2
How can you not describe them as terrorists? They had/have intent to change a democratic process, by force, to suit their own agenda, and caused fear among those they came up against? By that one can also describe Britain (and other nations) as terrorists by their involvement in the removal of Saddam Hussein in Iraq and Ghadaffi in Libya by the support and force used to do so - which to a certain extent I actually do (but that really is another argument best not continued in this thread lol)

Just because they didnt have balaclavas or a long beard, it doesnt make them any less of a terrorist. Growing up in NI this was an issue I had when non British/Irish terrorists were described as such. But if you think about what they did, they are no different to the rioters at orange marches, or any one of the bombers who planted devices to cause disruption to the British and Irish governments.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 8th January 2021 at 13:51..
clf is offline   Reply With Quote