Thread: Accident
View Single Post
Old 10th July 2017, 09:54   #4
Mertens34
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0 v6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
That's nonsense! everyone is expected to take reasonable care and she is not. She is blind until she completes her turn and should be expecting cars to be moving on her nearside. Chris S.
Yup, and apart from that. If she was going 15km/h and paying attention. She could have seen me and hit the brake pedal. (my car was fully out of the parking area so she had plenty of time)

But she apparently didnt see me (also didnt brake)...... Which resulted in a hard crash and unfortunately a lot of damage to my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
That's terrible and even more so that, as I think the law is the same in the Netherlands, it's a private place. You could offer to take her to Court? but that's very easy for me to say. I hope you find a sensible solution.
I dont think thats an option.

Its either i proof that she was wrong (by speed) or i will have to pay all the damage to my own car..... and on top of that my insurance will skyrocket from 90 euro each month to 155 euro each month.
The reason my insurance is so high is because im just 21 y old.
I have never been in an accident before this. And never even got a ticket. I have been driving my rover 75 everyday for 2 years now.

Last edited by Mertens34; 10th July 2017 at 10:08..
Mertens34 is offline   Reply With Quote