View Single Post
Old 10th July 2017, 13:23   #10
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fega72 View Post
If you both driving the same direction, then it is clearly her fault.
I don't see it that way. The OP has moved from a parked parking space into the traffic lane. Just like moving away from the hard shoulder into lane 1. So not clearly her fault I my opinion.
Now looking at the diagram and the Yellow route there seems to be a lot of visibility to the Blue "square". To me either the blue square pulled out just in front of the yellow giving yellow insufficient time to stop or yellow was driving to fast or not paying attention of not intending to stop.

I would suggest yellow has right of way and so I'm leaning towards Blue being in the wrong but..... yellow knowing they are to go round a bend, should be driving at a speed where she can stop in the distance she can see.
The didn't brake bit of yellow is an issue.

If Blue can not prove speed or driver not paying attention I think it difficult to prove yellow at fault and best outcome I can see is going 50/50 . Any cctv covering the car park?

At what times did op look to his right from the time he started moving until impact? If op did not look right enough times or at appropriate times then oh dear.

anyway I'm sorry for the accident and hope it can be sorted without too much expense

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote