Thread: Austin Garages?
View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2022, 07:47   #41
Torqueofthedevil
Avid contributor

Wedgwood Blue 75 Connoisseur saloon, Duotone 75 Connoisseur saloon. Former ZT190 and ZT260 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
I agree. Also, we should appreciate that it is OK for people to have opinions which are factually incorrect/wrong. It doesn't make them bad individuals.

I suspect most people are in fact probably wrong more often than not. I suspect I probably am.
Respectfully, I disagree. Tolerating those who express opinions which directly contradict fact is a slippery slope, because it's basically encouraging the spread of fake news which has caused all sorts of problems and will continue to do so. Remember Trump and his 'alternative facts'? When someone posts something which has no basis in fact or reason, I personally believe it's best to point out the error - if they didn't know the truth, they will learn it, and if they knew the facts and chose to subvert them, it might make them slightly less likely to post their toxic bolleaux again. In the same way, when I have inadvertently posted something which was wrong, I'm grateful to those who point it out - to me at least, ignorance isn't bliss!

Back to the thread - I hope that Nick and Jean are okay and will be in a position trade again before long. I was a regular customer of theirs during my ZT years.
Torqueofthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote