View Single Post
Old 10th May 2022, 22:20   #353
Bolin
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE 4dr manual Wedgewood Blue 2 04-05/06/2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn View Post
I noticed when trawling through a scrapped PPD car that there was an additional sound deadening mat stuck along the leading edge of the boot floor (not fitted in mine). The mat was backed with a loose, multi-coloured material and was stuck in place with two sections of black, sticky-back foam (near the rear seat-back). The part looked OEM and appears to resemble the smaller of the two sound mats on the OEM parts schematics (item 11 here):
https://allbrit.de/UNI.cfm?PAGE=741029&SPRACHE=EN

Would this be the parcel shelf insulation that folks have often talked about having been deleted from the later cars? My car is late 2003 and has the insulation in the parcel shelf itself But this mat is located directly below the parcel shelf on the boot floor..

My OEM under-seat sound panel seems to have an additional section that extends out into the boot floor where the separate mat was fitted in the PPD car. Maybe there was a change mid-production to combine the two separate mats into one?
I've tucked the additional (PPD?) mat up under the extended section of my OEM mat for now.

Not a biggie by any means, but information (particularly from PPD owners) welcome

Cheers,
Karl.
Production change, one for the better in my view, I have highlighted the correct thought in the quoted post.

So not a Project Drive deletion in this case.
"...the new Rover 75, which is a fabulous car......I think it looks fabulous....It's like sitting in a Rolls Royce......For me, this is the star of the show.....it looks so good" - J. Clarkson, motoring journalist on the launch of the Rover 75 in 1998.
Bolin is offline   Reply With Quote