Thread: MAF Mod Diesel.
View Single Post
Old 9th August 2020, 11:46   #9
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_NI View Post
Been running mafless remaps for 8 years now on my whole mg rover diesel range, can't recommend it enough!
Wait, someone on here also trusts a mafless remap!? Be careful, you'll be told off!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russp View Post
Do you get much smoke going mafless? My ZR was running mafless and was very smokey and not great on fuel.
Took it to CJL in Spalding and he remapped it with a switchable MAF and even when the MAF is in it's more powerful and fantastic on fuel.
I understand we can't have switchable MAFs on the BMW diesel
Depends how much you want it pushed, if you want it pushed to max torque you'll have an occasional puff of smoke on a full throttle launch before the turbo has spooled up.

The fuelling can be set to not smoke, you'll just lose a bit of torque, not a huge amount. You'll get about 300lbft with no smoke, and be pushing 320-330lbft with a bit of smoke on full throttle. Quite an increase over the 220lbft stock torque . In NM thats roughly 400/450nm. The torque increase is what you really feel with a remap.

One huge bonus is never having to worry about the MAF again, if you have a good MAF you can still have the same map. But when your MAF fails, simply unplug it and forget about it
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote