Old 14th May 2022, 12:49   #8
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
I've had that situation where I could barely get the drivers door open
Your post reminded me of a similar incident a couple of years ago at Good hope Hospital in Sutton Coldfield. Got back to the diesel in the car park and could not believe my eyes. Parked next to mine was a B*W. It was that close, the person driving it must have had to get out on the passenger side. There was not enough room to even start trying to get between the cars.
I would say around 3-4 inches at most. I thought of going to see the chap who sits in the car park office and asking if he could get the number put out on the tannoy in the hospital, but had not got the time because we had another appointment elsewhere. I am ashamed to admit it , but I did try to get between both cars, but unfortunately my keys were hanging out of my pocket and they scratched the front wing on the other car. Shame really. I had to put the seat right back on the passenger side and struggled to get in the driving seat across the middle console. The trouble is I have not got full bend in my left leg due to an accident in the 70s, so it was very awkward, but I managed to get the car out but had to pull my mirror in before I got out. It is what is called inconsiderate parking. The car was nearly new, so I hope he wondered how his wing got scratched.