View Single Post
Old 26th July 2007, 19:25   #10
Rincewind
Loves to post

MINI Cooper S Works (Superchardged not Turbo!)

Yup, will totally agree with that one!

On very cold days it doesn't seem to happen for (me anyway) until I've driven for a couple of minutes. However, in warmer weather, it starts after the 2nd gear change.

You're far from alone matey, far from alone. There are many of us out there, but in the big picture, not that many (if that makes any sense at all!?) I've been under the car and you can feel it in the grey fuel lines as the start their climb up into the engine bay. Someone was kind enough to be in the car with a light throttle application - say round 1500 to 2000 rpm and you can hear it outside of the car.

After a bit of poking and prodding and the use of a electronic "hearing" device that you clamp or touch on parts that you're concerned about, you can hear it and feel it as clear as day.

Crunch is I've never got round to sorting it - I just turn the radio up! However, I now have a stack of tie wraps that I'm going to try before trying to make anything more permenant (well, professional in appearance!).

We shall prevail and sort this problem!!!!!

Nic

The difference is, when you shout, "Where's my clean socks?", no-one answers

MGR stories, MGR help and advice all available at no extra cost !

The Two Sixties - it's a V8 thing ... Honorary Member and Puddle of V8/4/6cyl Knowledge et al.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Come see who I work for at www.vca.gov.uk without us, the world would be a right mess!
Rincewind is offline   Reply With Quote