View Single Post
Old 20th December 2019, 09:44   #3
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
How do you mean 'will not disconnect' - Take your foot off the throttle? Someone who has an auto will hopefully come along, but as I understand it in the 75 kick down will activate when you 'stomp' (technical term) the accelerator pedal to the floor and then hold that lower gear until you let up on the pedal a bit.

If you are saying that once pedal is to the floor that releasing the accelerator pedal doesn't release the throttle then it's more likely a throttle sensor issue I would have thought? I don't see how else it could be 'frightening' being stuck in a low gear - as long as you have throttle control.
I was thinking the same thing.

If it is related to kickdown and gear changes, perhaps selecting sport/snow mode, the latter likely being more suitable, or even selecting one of the other maximum gear modes on the selector.

I wonder if the scary part is a running away with the power. Perhaps something to do with the inlet system. I have read of blockages somewhere within the V6s that can cause the engine to surge and accelerate unexpectedly.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote