View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2021, 13:13   #4
paulh260260
Still learning...

Gold 04 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Petrol, Silver 52 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Petrol, 04 BRG Connie 2.5 V6 Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon190 View Post
Hi Paul.

I personally wouldn't disconnect at the oil cooler. The coolant rail pipes that travel across and above the front sub frame supply the oil cooler, so looking into the engine bay from the front of the car on the right hand side directly below the expansion tank you should see the 2 pipes travelling down connecting to that rail.

For the later type oil cooler, perhaps purchase 3/4" (19.05mm) diameter 180 degree aluminium or stainless beaded bend to bypass here.

Choose size and bend angle from list here https://www.autosiliconehoses.com/al...nium-tube.html

I don't know what the internal bore of the early type connection to the oil cooler is at present I'm afraid.
Cheers Typhoon, yep I can see exactly where you mean and thanks for the link to the items.

BTW why do you prefer this method as opposed to the connection at the oil cooler, is it to avoid leaving the cooler "open"

If it makes a difference this will only be a temp fix as I think Ill need the oil cooler reconnected to the coolant as its needed on my Auto.

Thanks
Paul
paulh260260 is offline   Reply With Quote