View Single Post
Old 15th April 2024, 08:36   #8
MartinBrighton

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francophile View Post
Hello again Martin,

The idea of a PM was to establish contact info.

You haven't confirmed whether your current fob contains a decent battery. You haven't said, but are the buttons on your fob effective? Does the little light illuminate when you press one? Do those checks before anything else.

If you put 'Rover 75 replacement key fob' in the search engine you will come up with a dozen or more sources. Some offer 'empty' fobs, but others offer blank key/fob units. I deduce from your problem that you don't have a second key. I would advise, therefore, that you purchase a combined unit. Most places, like Timpsons, offer a key cutting service. That will give you a second key. The empty fob will receive the chip, circuit board and 'good' battery from your current key. A request on here should then produce a set of chip and circuit which will have to be programmed to your car. They or not 'universal'. We can pursue the failed link cable at a more convenient time, if you so wish.

Derek.
Thanks for getting back in touch! As you say, only one key. The red light comes on and I can lock the car remotely. But the unlock button on fob doesn't work. Broken inside I guess. So I always unlock the car with the key in the lock. And, as you know from my previous post, it will not unlock or and makes no movement or noise.
MartinBrighton is offline   Reply With Quote