View Single Post
Old 21st September 2016, 20:35   #188
jonc3725
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190 + and MKIV Supra

A small update.

Firstly I have had a change of mind and decided not to go for the skirts and bumper spats. Looking at the car she looks better in original spec (in my mind) so the skirts have moved onto a new owner

Whilst trying to sort the ABS issue and re build the brakes I decided to underseal and rust proof the arches.

Rear right Arch

I removed the arch liner and was met with this. not unusual for cars of this age and thank goodness for galvanised bodies becasue this would have rotted out on cars manufactured before galvy bodies

Next up I removed the steel cable cover

I then cleaned and degreased the inner wheel arch and undersealed the whole area. All 4 arches will get the same treatment

Next up the tin cable cover was cleaned off

Whilst I was doing this bit I also removed the steel cross members from under the car and the fuel tank strap.

Once all cleaned back all the parts were treated to a rust converter and rubbed down ready for priming with red oxide primer.

Whilst in this corner I have stripped off the brake disc

Firstly slider pins are undone the same as the front brakes

and the caliper is removed leaving the carrier in place. I left the caliper attached to the brake hose for now

Next up I backed off the adjuster which you do through one of the wheel stud holes to release the handbrake pads.

Not the best photo but you can see the adjuster on the top of the assembly. Also looking at the handbrake shoes they look like the originals as there was not much material left.

Thats it for now because I have been doing other things

One other thing has been sorted. Using this way of diagnosis I found that the ABS issue was coming from the passenger side sensor connector which was a bad connection.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...37#post1765137

So no ABS warning lamp up on the dash anymore

Living the dream

MK IV VVTI Tiptronic TT Toyota Supra
MG ZT 190+
BornTuesday, 10th July 2001 @ 09:01:10
259th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
252nd ZT 190 + to be made out of 4,023
101st ZT in Solar Red (code: CEU) to be made out of 1,888

Last edited by jonc3725; 20th August 2017 at 22:11..
jonc3725 is offline   Reply With Quote