View Single Post
Old 17th December 2021, 10:40   #6
Ducati750cc
Loves to post

Rover75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab60bit View Post
Wot he said. Multitude of leak points and how to's that fix them. There are some novel suggestions as to how to find these damn leaks, depends, but I'd suggest you work through the 4-5 most common one's first. Silicon will work but IMHO the best sealer jallop is Sikaflex 521UV together with Sika Aktivator 205, bit more expensive than silicon but made for the job.

One thing to think about when using sealants that many forget until when it's too late is...................how easy will it be to get the thing apart in the future if needed. 🤔😉

I had to help a good neighbour a few years ago who had successfully re-sealed a roof window on his motorhome with the excellent sealant, Sikaflex 521 UV, it is good stuff and well worth the couple of quid extra for the activator

Then the window and frame got damaged by a branch so the whole lot had to be replaced, normally an easy, gentle, afternoon four brew job.

Not so, he hadn't noticed that it serves two different but combined functions that of a sealant and a tenacious adhesive. 🤣

The only saving grace was that due to the frame being damaged I could cut it in sections making it easier to ' unstick it ' and didn't have the fun of removing the residue from the frame, only from the roof, a time consuming task.

Being retired I do many jobs for mates rates, I don't want any payment unless I've had to purchase anything, I just enjoy being busy, he knows this so a few bottles of red wine turned up, as he said it's good for my heart. 😂