View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2021, 20:23   #9
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourerSteve View Post
Unfortunate but this happens and no doubt you will not be able to buy the specific cable Lunar use

If you look at your manual page 48 it confirms that until you switch on the ignition the habitation relay should not activate meaning if you just energise your van 12v battery and switch on the interior lights connecting the socket should not knock out your 12v power until the ignition is switched on . If this happens it will mean you have got your fridge circuit on PIN9 rather than PIN 10 and believe the fridge can draw up to 10 amps which will soon drain a battery
That was an interesting read, thank you for adding the page from the Lunar handbook. I read the PDF before I read what you posted. Your post confirmed what I thought I understood from the pdf.
I had thought just by plugging caravan into car the habitation relay knocked off the caravans 12v but it seems not from what both you and the pdf say.

Just as well my Tourer has both pins 9 and 10 as ignition live. I am not sure that without changing the 12 core I'd ever have discovered the caravan was wired or seems to be wired incorrectly. Servicing never picked it up but is it something that a service engineer would look at? Would a service engineer check the cars towing electrics?

Some years ago I did find one the the caravans 12v aux sockets was wired reversed but that was an easy swoop

thanks again the the Lunar page

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote