View Single Post
Old 25th April 2021, 21:58   #13
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Is it possible that someone before you has altered the wiring ?
Very unlikely, I have the full service history of the car and no similar work has been done on it. And even if so, why would somebody do this? I've had this car for about 5-6 years now and it's the first time this happens. And, as far as I recall, I have read about one guy on another forum in my situation too, he also had fuse n. 25 blown, and it made his passenger side electric seat cease to work everytime the fuse would pack out. Although he didn't write further how he resolved it.

Just to backtest it, could anyone of you guys take out the heated seats fuse out and see if it affects the passenger side electric seat too? This way I can determined if the wiring's been altered and be sure that it happens only in my case or not.

Could it be that, if the passenger electric seat is also wired through this fuse instead of the heated seats only, that the amperage is higher than normal because of this and this would be the cause? Anyway, even if so, I can't think why it held up like this for all the years I've had the car and it gave up only now

Last edited by Rsnail; 25th April 2021 at 22:02..
Rsnail is offline   Reply With Quote