Thread: Oh Heck!
View Single Post
Old 16th April 2024, 12:59   #8
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
You can't get an NHS dentist ... we've got our priorities all wrong when it comes to spending PUBLIC money.
I began to feel pain from a tooth over the last weekend, probing with my tongue I might now have a cavity at the rear of a molar after losing a fragment of tooth from it. While the pain and discomfort are still bearable I decided to ring my NHS dentist yesterday to book an appointment - I'm NHS but I have to pay for it. I was aware that the waiting time had gradually grown over the last couple of decades to circa one month which is what I was expecting. I remember when it was just a day or two but over time that became a week or so followed by weeks. By the time of my last appointment, which was sometime last year, it was circa one month.

I stood gobsmacked when yesterday the receptionist said August is looking like the earliest appointment. That is over four months away, said I. Wait a minute, said she, how about the end of July. All dentists at the practice are apparently giving similar waiting times so reluctantly I had to settle on a wait of three and a half months.

Last edited by WillyHeckaslike; 16th April 2024 at 13:10.. Reason: Month Corrected to July.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote