View Single Post
Old 15th November 2019, 13:15   #5
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

If I was buying a Mustang I want it to look sexy and sound like a muscle car. Saying that I know somebody who has one of the new ones with the 2.3 Turbo engine and it is impressive in the way it performs but does not have the V8 sound.

Personally I think just putting the name on a car is a big mistake and I suspect they will loose sales to other options.

Even Ford were surprised at the uptake of the V8 Mustangs in the UK when they introduced the RHD to the UK market, they thought they would only be selling a few hundred a year and as it turns out they are selling almost 1 V8 for every two 2.3's. Chevrolet are even considering selling the Camaro in RHD. Going back to when you could buy a Capri how many ordered the 1.3?

When you are spending that kind of money on a 2 door car the chances are you are not looking at the fuel consumption or how green it is. You only have to see the mileage that most have covered when they come up for sale to realise most are fair weather toys.

Time will tell. I wonder if they will keep making the current model? At least it will give customers the option.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote