View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2015, 17:25   #10
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubs View Post
Nice work again. I want to know what's so special about the piece of wood you had to write your name on it
Think it may go walk-a-bout?

Thanks for this Steve and is the same as I did mine, although it took me a little longer.

I can only (cynically) think that MGR had this additional item in the H/B so as to make money out of owners? As the compensator was available as a separate item, along with an access plate underneath the car, they patently knew it would deform and require replacing. In addition, with the overlap of ownership between the two models, 75/ZT and Mini, during their development process, surely the designers would converse with each other? When BMW off-loaded MGR perhaps the powers that be at BMW saw the "error" of such a mechanism and opted for a more conventional method on their Mini?

With the focus of cost cutting illustrated under Project Drive, MGR left us with this perfidious bit of kit in our cars, but removed the second horns, proper reflectors on the doors and plastic covers on seat belt anchorage points amongst other, less important items. Bewildering.

Finally Mat is looking to see if he can get the cable/equaliser separately, hopefully he can.

Regards

BW
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote