View Single Post
Old 7th October 2019, 15:10   #1
Gigagator
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon, Rover 25, Mazda 6

Default Bitten the bullet - getting the clutch done

The clutch on my 75 has always had a biting point nearly on the floor, even since I bought it over 2 years ago with 50000 miles on the clock - now on 75000 miles!

I bled the clutch some months back but it made little lasting difference. In all this time it hasn't really got any worse, until about a week ago...

It's now so bad that I'm struggling to get it into gear, even with my foot mashed as hard as possible on the clutch.

Basically the clutch always seems to be dragging and it's now becoming undriveable.

So I've booked it in for a brand new clutch, slave and master cylinder tomorrow.

Bit of a kick in the teeth at £650, but I've had a look at alternatives such as buying another used car (Rover or otherwise), a new car on finance, leasing and nothing stacks up financially so I've decided to just go with it since I love the car.

I don't understand when people call you a nutter and say 'It's more than the cars worth'. But what are the alternatives? Buy another used motor for £800 but then need to spend however much getting it up to scratch for daily dependability. A PCP/leased car at £1500 deposit then £200 a month?

Sorry but the financials of replacing the 75 don't make sense to me!
Gigagator is offline   Reply With Quote