Thread: Personal choice
View Single Post
Old 10th October 2019, 17:44   #10
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Darcydog, I suspect your i30 cost a good deal more than an average 75/ZT. But it's true what you say about a replacement needing repairs. The cheap 2003 Renault Megane cabrio I bought to get me by while the 75 was having its clutch done (by me - £200-ish for parts), now stands me at a total, including purchase, of around £730, and a day or 2 of my time. It has needed a new silencer, new discs, (which it didn't really need), some touch-up paint, and a new wheel bearing. Oh, and I treated it to an oil and filter change to celebrate it passing its MoT. Apart from the wheel bearing - possibly caused by a rusted and stuck brake pad - it hasn't missed a beat or leaked a drop, either in or out in 8,000miles. So despite it's low mileage, worry-free reliability, lack of rust (on a par with the Rover), and equivalent fuel economy, it's probably the Rover I'll be keeping, having just spent £250 on suspension parts for it, which will need to be fitted for its upcoming MoT. Why? Because surprisingly, it's the Rover that has that certain je ne sais quoi!
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote