Thread: MOT extensions
View Single Post
Old 1st July 2020, 16:39   #16
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 135+ Diesel Auto Mk2. Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

My lads Focus ST MOT was due, and spoke to my friendly MOT tester about getting it done now or taking advantage of the extension, (they have never closed and have been open for tests and repairs/servicing throughout).

He recommended getting it done when originally due, not just for safety and peace of mind, but that he'd heard via trade(and don't believe for a minute he'd lie or spread rumours) that some insurance companies, if a car insured with them was involved in a RTC and was "on extension", they were sending inspectors to virtually MOT them and if a fail fault was found, declaring it as unroadworthy and only paying out third-party costs.

True ? I can't guarantee it is, but knowing insurance companies propensity to avoid paying out it wouldn't surprise me if it was.
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote