Thread: M47 issues.....
View Single Post
Old 26th February 2020, 15:30   #1
admiralalcatraz
Avid contributor

2000 Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Club SE/ 2004 Rover 75 Contemporary T 1.8T / 2005/55 Rover 75 Classic T

Default M47 issues.....

Ok, I am not proud to admit this but, as well as my 3 lovely Rovers, my daily car is a [INSERT GERMAN CAR BRAND HERE] 320CD*, with the M47TUD20 engine. Essentially the same engine as the ZT/75. I am having a few issue with it, I know I should really go across to the [INSERT GERMAN CAR BRAND HERE] forum. But quite frankly the reception there is nothing like the atmosphere here. Everyone is really quite rude to each other (Not that BM drivers dont already have a reputation for it). I figured it was worth an ask here first....

I have an oil 'leak', but not a normal one, if I park with the passenger side higher than the drivers, I get an small pool of oil from the bottom of the inter cooler pipe and I get quite a lot of blue smoke when I draw away cold which then clears. Which shows there is oil in the intake system, my first conclusion was it was the turbo seals, however once the initial oil has burnt off I get no smoke, even at full boost with my foot to the floor.

I know these engines are known for breather issues for both the turbo and the crank case, so I want to make sure this isnt the issues first before I spend £1m on a turbo for it....

Anyone that can help I will be truly grateful....

*The German car in question is a 55 plate 320Cd I paid £200 with 10 months MOT last year..... Hard to say no really....
admiralalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote