View Single Post
Old 9th December 2021, 14:58   #13120
FrattonEnder
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Well, yesterday I finally got the Zed back on the road without a list to starboard. Pretty much a full rear end replacement of springs upper and lower arms. Mechanic said that all the bolts were pretty badly rusted up, so I'm glad I didn't attempt it on the drive. Thanks to the guys at DMGRS for help with the bits to get the old girl rolling again. Now we have a car that I can get the weekly shop in the boot, rather than the boot and the entire back seat like I had to in the Mini. Didn't get any complaints about the ride when I dropped my better half off at work this morning, so all must be good!

For anyone wondering if my mechanical bad luck did go in threes - after the demise of the Mondeo and the rear suspension giving up the ghost. Yes it did. Cycling home on Tuesday night (car was in the garage for 2 days as they fitted the work in around other bits) a pedal sheared clean off the crank arm, leaving me with a 6 mile walk home. Got my steps up for the day though!