View Single Post
Old 15th January 2020, 18:45   #1
Scimdaz
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Default R75 TDi Voltage Regulators: Where do you buy triple jointed 18 month old mechanics?

Rover 75, 2002 diesel.

After swapping the (according to the engraved date) 14 yr old flat 096 battery for a fully charged 100 an "emergency" meant that I took the car out in the dark before I had had a chance to put my (ok, "find my...") multimeter on the charging system. At least I know that it isn't charging since 10 miles of headlights put the car into "limp home" mode. Which it did, praise be to whatever deity looks after Rovers - the last 1/2 mile by coasting down a hill that I live, conveniently, halfway down.

I've now read up on alternator problems, voltage regulators, 2 and 3 pin connectors and watched youtube videos of how easy they are to change. Looked into the 2.0TDi engine bay - whatever happened to the concept of space? You could dance a jig around the 2.8v6 at the front of my Scimitar (except for changing 1 of the 6 spark plugs that is). Changing the alternator on the cologne - childs play. But on the 75 - well I can see it! Is there a "knack" to getting to the regulator or do I just accept that I won't have skin on my knuckles for a month?
Scimdaz is offline   Reply With Quote