View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2018, 09:16   #4
Julesprivate

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Such a long list of negatives Julian. I would let that one go if I were you.

Simon
Thanks guys for the responses. To be honest finding a "cheap" car here is a bit of a challenge, there are some road licence "complications" to be aware of (basically there's a pre-2009 scheme and a post 2009, the post 2009 licence is 2-3 times the cost of the old scheme) so I am limiting my search to pre-2009 cars and also cars REGISTERED pre 2009, (so not imported after irrespective of age). That limits the pool somewhat.

I sold my 2005 S Type Jag just prior to moving here as the licence (road tax) would have been ~1000 Euro a year on that. I bought the Audi here in October last year and paid 2300 Euro for a 1995 Audi A4 1.9TD and that was basically a POS.

I can find a boatload of 1.2 Puntos but aside from one Hyundai Sonata that I narrowly missed out on this is the first "well specced" car I've found in my budget.

I've already decided that it is not worth owning a expensive car here, it's just going to get burned to death by the sun or dented/scratched by the drivers here so a 3k budget is all I ever envisage spending.

I haven't fully discounted that 75 yet, the major issues I could see were cosmetic and I have enough free time on my hands that I could resolve them easily enough.. I don't know,i was just quite excited to be going to see it, then disappointed by the condition..
Julesprivate is offline   Reply With Quote