View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2018, 08:16   #65
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post

I have found my immediate full upper denture to be not so good, its extremely big and ill fitting. I can no longer wear the new upper, I should have refused the denture to be honest, by the time the lab had finished making it all my swelling had gone down and my gums had changed shape. I will go back to my dentist in January and get them to fix it, but I cant see a reline working as its way to big, its actually to wide for my mouth, I look like a horse. lol

As said, I received a temporary full upper denture, ready made which went straight in after extraction. Then some while later the permanent one, once the gums had settled.

It certainly felt absolutely massive in my mouth, but once in it felt stable and looking in the mirror my face looked fine. My dentist said to persist with it, keep it in all the time, it would settle in and begin to feel normal - He was right.

The gums do shape themselves some way to conform to fit a denture, so keeping it in despite how it feels, helps.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote